Motivation

The truth

Workspace

Categories

Popular Posts

Skip to main content

What Are The Most Important Life Lessons that I Learned From My Mother?

God couldn't be everywhere, so he created Mother's.

Mother's are special because they work round the clock without any complain to keep us happy. They curb their desires to fulfill yours and do everything for their family and children. 

She is that one person in your life who makes you infinitely strong to deals with every situation of life. She laughs openly yet cries alone. She cares for the family while thinking nothing for her own needs. And she is someone who can be a best friend and a best teacher for her children. 








She stands by our side, cheer us on, and push us to reach our dreams with full potential.  A mother love is unconditional. 

There are so much we can learn from our mother. And I also soo many things from my mother : 


Be Patient 

The most important [life lesson that she taught me] is to be patient. 








My mom has always taught me that being patient is important for so many reasons, but mostly because patience breeds kindness. The world is sometimes a sad, scary place due to things that are out of our control. However, if every person were more patient, all the time, the world would be a lot more peaceful and filled with a lot more happy people. Not that we’re trying to achieve world peace here, but as a person, you have control over your reactions to situations, so why not try to pump a little more kindness into the community around you?

● Independence. Learn it. Live it

No matter how helpful and caring your  or partner might be, you must be independent enough to survive on your own. Whether it was fixing a punctured tyre, filing income tax returns, managing bank accounts or every little household chores, my mother knew everything to perfection. In turn, I grew up becoming an independent, modern woman just by learning and drawing inspiration from her. 

 






I can’t let society trick me into believing that I need a man to take care of me. As humans, we all need to be taken care of – whether it’s financially or emotionally. What my mom has always tried to teach me is that it’s important to gain the necessary skills and education to be able to take care of oneself, regardless if you’re planning on getting married or being in a partnership with someone.

• Good touch and Bad touch

Well, this is something every mother teaches her kid—the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching. We, as a society, are yet to reach a stage where there are no longer any cases of molestation, harassment and rape. When I was merely 5 years old, my mom started telling me that I own my body. Whether it’s just a hug, kiss or holding someone’s hand, I have the right to say no. I did not understand the meaning of these lines at that tender age, but her teachings definitely inspired me to speak up (in fact, shout and report) fearlessly when anybody dared to even touch me without my consent.

Love unconditionally 

The most important life lesson I learned from my mom is to love unconditionally. She loved me from the day she knew I was in her womb. She loves me more than anything in this world. Even when I’m down, she is always there to guide me and she is always there when I need her. Being a mother means putting someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own. 

No one knows love quite as well as moms do, so this is a lesson they could always teach anyone. One participant appreciates the fact that her mother showed her that she should love everyone, in spite of her own problems.











My mother taught me many things, from properly brushing my teeth to being a gentleman. The most important lesson that she taught me though was how to love. The love that my sister and I receive from her will be the love that I will give to other people and to my future family.

Respect everyone 

This is one of the first things our moms teach us: respecting those around us, whether they are young or old. Several participants thought that the most important thing they learned from their mothers was to respect everyone, regardless of age, race, or social condition.

Always keep smiling 

Being optimistic and having a positive outlook on life is crucial to our happiness and success in life. No wonder so many Facebook quotes and self help books advise us to take things lightly and believe in ourselves. This is a precious lesson that moms also teach their children, since they want them to be happy above all else.












Work hard

No one works harder than a mother, both to support her family by being employed and to take care of her children when she gets home. We could say mothers are on duty 24/7. So, this is a lesson their children learn from them just by seeing them put it into practice.











My mom always tells me that success doesn’t come easy; there are no straight roads and smooth journeys to achieving my goals, but if I believe in my own capabilities, in myself, success wouldn’t be too far ahead.

Never give up

My mom often reminds me to think about God and this : “If He brought you to it, He’ll get you through it!” That is the most important lesson she taught me: never give up, always make sure you get through the end. It helps me stay sane and stay positive.




My mom taught me something very valuable: that life doesn’t always go the way we want, but if we keep our chin up and choose how we are going to face every day, we will make it through the any day. 


Put god first 

My mom shows me this on a daily basis.To truly put God first you have to let go of what others think and follow your heart.









When you put God first, you give yourself a voice. You express yourself in a way that is true to you. You set boundaries and respect yourself.

Forgive 

Forgiveness—that is the most important thing I learned from my mother. Most people value their pride too much they opt not to forgive until they completely ruin their relationship. Not having the ability to forgive is the root of most of the problems that we face in life. My mother often tells me to just forgive and be the better person.


Have faith

I’ve learned many lessons from my mother but there are specific lessons that will stay with me forever. First is that I should be responsible and disciplined at all times. Second is that I should help someone who is in need. Third is to be respectful regardless of their age, gender, social status, or beliefs. Fourth is that I should not give up easily and that I should push through until I reach my desired endgame. Lastly, I should trust and put my faith in Him. Praying, trusting, and thanking Him is what will get me through everything.







I have learned three valuable things from my mother: to be honest, to never give up, and to have faith. Be true always so my soul will be free of worries. 

My mother taught me that faith in God, in myself, and in everyone else helps us look at things in different perspectives, and that these perspectives help us understand the way people and the world work.

Be selfless 

The most important life lesson I learned from my mother is that I should always be selfless. Her sacrifices for me are nothing short of heartwarming; I can never repay what my mom has done for us. It does not hurt to think of yourself sometimes, but putting others’ needs before your own is, for me, the greatest act of love.






Comments

Post a Comment